Recipe courtesy of Asparagus Farmers of Ontario
These lightly chard Ontario asparagus spears are topped with a a creamy yogurt sauce made with Ontario grown garlic and dill.
Barbecued Asparagus with Herbed Yogurt SaucePrint Recipe
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove Ontario garlic, minced
- 1 lb (500g) Ontario asparagus, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh Ontario dill, finely chopped
- Garnish: squeeze of lemon
Pre-heat grill to medium.
In a large bowl add olive oil, garlic, and asparagus. Toss to coat; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Carefully place asparagus spears on grill. Frequently rotate asparagus and grill until tender, about 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl mix together Greek yogurt and dill.
Serve grilled asparagus at room temperature alongside herbed yogurt. A squeeze of lemon will wake up the flavours.