Did you know that Ontario has 37,000 farming families? It’s these hardworking individuals that produce, grow, harvest, and process all of the amazing local fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, and beverages you consume every day of the year. Incredible, huh?
In support of Ontario Local Food Week, we are hosting a #LoveLocalFood Twitter party to celebrate the launch of our new e-magazine and to shine the spotlight on some of Ontario’s locally grown food, carefully crafted beverages, and meticulously produced products!
We’ll be sharing stories, recipes and giving away some fun prizes too! So mark your calendars and join us on Wednesday, June 6th at 8:00pm ET…. and make sure you bring a snack!
Prizes Up For Grabs Include:
- Appleflats – Summer picnic prize pack
- Asparagus Farmers of Ontario – Gift basket of Barrie’s Asparagus Farm products
- DelFrescoPure® – Grocery store gift card and DelFrescoPure® swag. (DelFrescoPure® cooler bag, YES!Berries apron, recipe cards, water bottle and portable battery charger)
- Egg Farmers of Ontario – Fry pan, devilled egg carrier, oven mitts, whisk, apron, cookbook, tumbler, and spice cards
- Mushrooms Canada – Make it with Mushrooms apron, a paring knife and oven mitts
- Ontario Apple Growers – A basket of silicone bakeware pieces, tea towels, an apron and some literature
- Ontario Bean Growers – Recipe books, a strainer, a can opener and beans
- Ontario Turkey – grocery tote, apron, water bottle, notebook, golf shirt and some recipe booklets
- Ontario Pork – Commercial grade meat thermometer, pair of oven gloves, baseball hat, small squishy pig, two magnets, pen and pig-shaped sticky note, an assortment of recipe cards and cooking information
- GRAND PRIZE: $250 Grocery Store Gift Card
RSVP below for a chance to win, and we’ll see you soon!
Please be sure to enter your Twitter Handle “@yourTwitterhandle” in the Link/Blog Title field, and your Twitter URL “www.twitter.com/yourtwitterhandle” in the Link Field