Courtesy of Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers
Quick-cooking couscous means this fresh and colourful side dish is ready for the table is just 20-minutes. Made with Ontario garlic, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and red peppers this recipe is packed full of flavour!
Mediterranean Couscous SaladPrint Recipe
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves Ontario garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) arugula
- 2 cups (500 mL) of couscous, cooked
- 12 Ontario cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Ontario cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small Ontario red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) black olives
- 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled feta cheese
In a medium sized bowl, combine all vinaigrette ingredients. Set aside.
Prepare couscous as per package directions.
To assemble, place arugula on the bottom of a large platter. Spoon over couscous. Top with tomatoes, onion, cucumber, red pepper, olives and feta cheese. Pour dressing over top. Toss and serve.