Whether you serve them alongside a fresh salad as a meatless weeknight meal or take them to a family gathering, these Greek stuffed tomatoes are easy to prepare.
Mediterranean Stuffed TomatoesPrint Recipe
- 8 fresh vine ripen tomatoes
- 2 cups long grain wild rice, cooked per package directions
- 1 jar (170 mL) marinated artichokes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling (optional)
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C.
Prepare rice as per package directions.
In a large bowl stir together cooked rice, chopped artichokes, diced green pepper, crumbled feta, black olives, garlic and salt & pepper. Set aside.
Remove the stems from tomatoes. Using a knife, remove the core of the tomatoes. Scoop out seeds and any tough white core that may remain.
Scoop 2-3 spoonfuls of rice mixture into the cavity of the tomatoes. Place each tomato in a glass baking dish. Drizzle each tomato with high quality olive oil.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tomatoes have softened.
Remove from oven and serve alongside a fresh salad or grilled meat. Garnish with a few basil leaves is desired.